Sunday, September 4, 2011

Karibu...

Karibu, friends. Welcome to my first official blog! As you likely know, I am headed to a small village in western Kenya shortly and I've gotten a fair few requests to try my hand blogging. I can't make any promises but I figure it beats mass emailing and I can get more photos (my preferred means of communication!) in this way too.

I'm keeping this brief for the moment as I continue on my farewell tour of the States! (Photos to follow soon.) But for now, below is a photo of the wacky, brilliant, incredible people I will be with pretty much 24/7 until next April.  I might as well admit it now...I love them!  They are a fabulous mix of smart, kind, strong, deep, quirky people (many of whom are most excellent at hilarious impersonations) and they are willing to pack it all up and move to a little village on the Kenyan-Tanzanian border to empower local leaders to find innovative, sustainable, low-cost, high-impact solutions that will lead their communities out of poverty and transform lives forever.

R to L: Me, Naruth, Matt Lineal, Rebecca, Janine, David, Jennifer, Matt Lee & Thomas
I am sure we will have many stories to tell over the next few months!  Thank you for being interested enough in the journey and the mission to have a look from time to time and please keep me posted on your journeying as well. Lots of love to you. -j

1 comment:

  1. Jesi! I'm so jealous- have an incredible time. You have to visit Tanzania when you're there. And go rafting in Uganda. If you do go to Tanzania you should meet up with my good friend Anna who lives in Arusha. If you are a Kenya/TZ resident a lot of times you can camp out on the beach at this one beautiful place called Peponi on the Indian Ocean in Pangani (in Tanzania)...it's close to Kenya. Dar also has beautiful beaches if you ever want a break from the dust of where I think you are. I wish I was there too. Nakumiss dada! Napeleka upendo sana....Whitney

    ReplyDelete